Work in Quality Assurance within health and fitness.
This certificate is an industry specific award for internal verifiers wanting to qualify using exercise and fitness assessment practice as evidence for their internal verification award. It is accepted by the sector’s awarding bodies to internally verify on VRQ Exercise & Fitness Awards.
Dates for the induction training for this award are booked on an individual basis to meet your own diary requirement. To book dates please contact the office
REPs Accreditation Level 3
What Is The Course About?
- The role of the internal verifier
- Responsibilities of the respective bodies involved in the development of qualifications
- Assessment skills and the principles of assessment
- How to feed back to your assessors and action plan
- The process of standardisation within the assessment process
How Long Does It Last?
- One day induction
- Programme of internal verification portfolio building
Who Is The Course Suitable For?
- Individuals 18 and over
- Those wishing to pursue a career in internal verifying and quality assurance within the active leisure sector
What Qualifications Are Needed?
- A minimum of three years industry experience
- A relevant assessing qualification (A1 or D32/33) or Certificate in Assessing In The Active Leisure Sector
- A certificate in education
What Will Be Studied?
- How to support and guide assessors in the active leisure sector
- How to contribute to quality assurance procedures in the active leisure sector
How Is It Assessed?
- Sampling plan
- Internal verification report
- Standardisation exercise
- Direct observation of internal verification, to include planning, teaching and evaluating
Are There Any Books Or Special Equipment That Need To Be Purchased?
- No, all course materials will be provided
What Can The Qualification Lead To?
- The ability to assess and verify RVQ qualifications for awarding bodies in the exercise and fitness sector
Terms and conditions apply to all Drummond Education programmes. Read more >