A great recipe for Halloween from our resident foody Krissy. This recipe is Vegan, gluten free and lactose free. What more could you want?
- 250 g small-grain oats
- 300 g pumpkin puree ( tinned or make your own)
- 450 ml plant based milk
- 50 g of maple syrup
- 1 banana
- 1 pear
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 g of baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp ground allspice
- ½ tsp ground clovesTo sprinkle on top:
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp sugar (optional)
- Mix together spices and baking powder
- Mash the banana and mix with vanilla extract and pumpkin puree.
- Add the spices and baking powder mix to the banana mash and then add the plant based milk and mix thoroughly.
- Add the oats and diced pears and mix thoroughly.
- Set aside for 10 minutes to let the oats soak in the wet mixture.
- Set the dough in a baking pan ( ideally 20x30cm)
- Sprinkle the top with the cinnamon sugar mix and then put in the pre heated oven.
- Bake for about 50 mins on gas mark 4.
- Slice and enjoy while it’s still warm