- 250g (8oz) cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 3 bunches asparagus, trimmed
- 12 bocconcini (mini mozzarella)
- Basil leaves, to serve
- Heat the oven to 180C (gas mark 6). Place the cherry tomatoes and garlic in a bowl. Mix the olive oil and balsamic vinegar, and pour over the tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper, and set aside while you cook the asparagus.
- Brush the asparagus with olive oil and place in a single layer in a roasting tray. Roast for 15 mins, or until coloured and tender.
- Place the asparagus on a platter and top with the tomatoes, pouring over some of the vinaigrette and juices. Break the bocconcini into pieces and scatter over the asparagus, followed by the basil leaves and then serve.