Another great recipe from our resident foody Krissy.
An easy dessert or breakfast cake recipe. Try it over the holidays. Simple food cupboard ingredients, nothing fancy but still packs a punch and healthy
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil or any oil you prefer
- 1 cup tightly packed pitted dates
- 2 large or 4 small eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cups oat flour / ground oats
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2tsp cardamom (optional)
- 1tsp cloves (optional)
- 2 tbsp of coconut flakes
- Handful of cranberries (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Soak the pitted dates in 1/2 cup boiling water for 30 mins and then blend it smooth to make it into a paste
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the date paste, olive oil, eggs, vanilla extract
- In a separate bowl combine oat flour, spices and baking powder
- Add dry ingredients to wet and stir until combined
- Pour into a well greased bundt / cake pan and bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 45 minutes.
- Let it cool and enjoy