Here’s a delicious low-calorie veggie lasagne which is an easy-to-make and lighter alternative to the traditional mince bake. Layered with pasta, ratatouille and sliced aubergine, it packs in all of your five-a-day!
PREP: 30 MINS
COOK: 2 HRS, 30 MINS – 3 HRS
Nutrition: (Per serving)
- Kcal: 325
- Fat: 11g
- Saturate: 5g
- Carbs: 36g
- Sugars: 17g
- Fibre: 11g
- Protein: 15g
- Salt: 0.44g
- 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 2 onions, sliced
- 2 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 large courgettes, diced (400g)
- 1 red and 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and roughly sliced
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- 2 tsp vegetable bouillon
- 15g fresh basil, chopped plus a few leaves
- 1 large aubergine, sliced across length or width for maximum surface area
- 6 wholewheat lasagne sheets (105g)
- 125g vegetarian buffalo mozzarella, chopped
- Heat 1 tbsp rapeseed oil in a large non-stick pan and fry 2 sliced onions and 2 chopped large garlic cloves for 5 mins, stirring frequently until softened.
- Tip in 2 diced large courgettes, 1 red and 1 yellow pepper, both roughly sliced, and 400g chopped tomatoes with 2 tbsp tomato purée, 2 tsp vegetable bouillon and 15g chopped basil.
- Stir well, cover and cook for 5 mins. Don’t be tempted to add more liquid as plenty of moisture will come from the vegetables once they start cooking.
- Slice 1 large aubergine. Lay half the slices of aubergine in the base of the slow cooker and top with 3 sheets of lasagne.
- Add a third of the ratatouille mixture, then the remaining aubergine slices, 3 more lasagne sheets, then the remaining ratatouille mixture.
- Cover and cook on High for 2½ – 3 hours until the pasta and vegetables are tender. Turn off the machine.
- Scatter 125g vegetarian buffalo mozzarella over the vegetables then cover and leave for 10 mins to settle and melt the cheese.
- Scatter with extra basil and serve with a handful of rocket
Source: BBC GoodFood