This certificate is an industry specific award for assessors wanting to qualify using exercise and fitness assessment practice as evidence for their assessor’s award. It is accepted by the sector’s awarding bodies to assess on VRQ Exercise & Fitness Awards.
This accredited qualification is recognised by REPs & CIMSPA and will be awarded 16 REPS CPD points and 10 CIMSPA Endorsed Points
What Is The Course About?
How Long Does It Last?
- Skills, strategies and methods for the different stages of the assessment process
- How to plan and conduct an assessment
- Making valid and reliable assessment decisions, that meet national requirements
- The quality assurance procedures and practices
- Half day induction and one/two days of assessing live candidates
(No of days of assessing is dependent on your confidence and experience)
Who Is The Course Suitable For?
What Qualifications Are Needed?
- Individuals 18 and over
- Those wishing to pursue a career in assessing within the active leisure sector
What Will Be Studied?
- A minimum of three years industry experience
- A current qualification in the particular subject area that you wish to assess
How Is It Assessed?
- Planning and preparing for assessment in the active leisure sector
- Carrying out an assessment and making an assessment decision in the active leisure sector
- Quality assurance procedures in the active leisure sector
Are There Any Books Or Special Equipment That Need To Be Purchased?
- Direct observation of practical assessment, to include planning, teaching and evaluating
What Can The Qualification Lead To?
- No, all course materials will be provided
- The ability to assess in the active leisure sector
Terms and conditions apply to all Drummond Education programmes. Read more >