Recipe from our resident foody Krissy (Krisztina Biliczky)
A lovely recipe for a Christmas treat and one of my favourite things to bake with the children.
- 80g plain all purpose flour ( can use oat flour but cookies will be drier)
- 40g brown sugar or sweetener replacement
- 50g unsweetened apples sauce
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
For the spice mix
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp mixed spice
- Preheat oven to 180
- Mix cookie ingredients until a soft dough forms, lay it on a flat surface and sprinkle with flour
- Roll the dough out and cut the gingerbread men with a small cookie cutter (6-7cm). You can make any Christmas shapes or just round cookies.
- Transfer the gingerbread man into a baking tray lined with parchment paper
- Bake the cookies for 6-8 minutes. Add an extra 4 minutes to the baking time if you want the cookies crunchier.
- If you want to decorate with icing sugar, wait until cookies are cool.