This accredited qualification is recognised by REPs & CIMSPA and will be awarded 16 REPS CPD points and 10 CIMSPA Endorsed Points
What Is The Course About?
The principles of healthy eating and weight management in relation to exercise, sports and well-being
How Long Does It Last?
Who Is The module Suitable For?
- Biochemistry of the food groups
- Fundamentals of good nutrition
- Carbohydrate and lipid metabolism
- Protein and metabolism
- Water and fluid balance
- Client assessment and treatment
- Understanding behaviour change
- Popular diets, myths and analysis
- Energy balance and metabolism
- Obesity, the scope and consequences
- Food diaries and client analysis
What Qualifications Are Needed?
- Individuals 16 years and over
- Those working as fitness instructors or wishing to train to become a personal trainer
How Is It Assessed?
- Level 2 Certificate In Fitness Instructing – Gym-Based Exercise or Exercise To Music (other similar qualifications may be recognised)
Are There Any Books Or Special Equipment That Need To Be Purchased?
- Multiple-choice theory exam
- Case study with food diary and nutritional analysis
- Educational activity/leaflet
What Can The Qualification Lead To?
- No, all course materials will be provided online
- Enhanced services as an instructor and/or personal trainer
Terms and conditions apply to all Drummond Education programmes. Read more >