This accredited qualification is recognised by REPs & CIMSPA and will be awarded 16 REPS CPD points and 10 CIMSPA Endorsed Points
What Will I Study?
How long does the course last?
- How to plan exercise to music classes using the latest freestyle choreography
- How to choreograph to music using add on, layering, 32 count combinations, chorus verse and continuous free-style
- Anatomy & physiology for exercise, including, bones, joints, muscle, cardiovascular system and energy systems
- The principles of exercise, fitness and health
- Programming results based classes using aerobic training, muscle conditioning, flexibility and motor skill
- Exercise technique and performance
- Choreography for warm up and cardio training.
- High intensity interval training (HIIT)
- Muscle conditioning and stretch techniques
- The coaching sequence using set up and follow up cues, motivation skills, education and technique coaching
- The business of classes & self development
- Client health awareness and health and safety
How Long Does the Extended Course Last?
- Pre-reading & self study form the downloadable manuals and attendance on 3 modules
- Anatomy & physiology - 2 half days live streaming
- Exercise to music practical training - 2 days
- Business marketing & health awareness online lessons
- Exercise to music practical assessment - 1 day
All of the above modules for the short course and in addition you can add either the circuit & HIIT training day, the aqua shallow water training day or an outdoor fitness training day.
Choose from the additional certificate/training days and take the extended course:
Who Is The Course Suitable For?
What Qualifications Are Needed?
- Individuals 16 years and over
- Those wishing to work in a studio as a group exercise teacher including aerobics, circuits, body conditioning, stretch and many more studio based class formats
- Those wishing to progress onto a pre-choreographed programme such as Les Mills, Zumba, On Broadway, Bokwa etc.
How Is It Assessed?
- No previous qualifications or experience are needed. You will also take the Functional Anatomy For Fitness module as part of this course (unless already a qualified fitness instructor). This is included in the price
Are There Any Books Or Special Equipment That Need To Be Purchased?
- Multiple-choice theory exams (unless already a qualified fitness instructor)
- Direct observation of teaching skills
- Lesson plans
- Business plan
- Infographic assignment
- Personal development plan
What Can The Qualification Lead To?
- No, all course materials will be provided
- Work as a fitness instructor in studio
- An en-route qualification for pre-choreographed studio programmes
- An en-route qualification to becoming a personal trainer
Terms and conditions apply to all Drummond Education programmes. Read more >