This accredited qualification is recognised by AIQ & CIMSPA and will be awarded 10 CIMSPA Endorsed Points
What Is The Course About?
How Long Does It Last?
- The health landscape
- Applied anatomy & physiology
- Medical management of long term conditions
- Aetiology, pathology and signs and symptoms of the identified long term conditions
- Supporting behaviour change
- How to plan, deliver, manage and evaluate a safe, effective and progressive adapted physical activity programme that is personalised to each individual client’s needs and lifestyle
- The signs, symptoms, basic pathology and management of specific conditions in the following ranges:
- Cardiovascular and respiratory including, COPD, Asthma
- MSK including lower back pain, spinal cord injuries, total joint replacement
- Osteoporosis, osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis
- Overweight (clinical) obesity
- Mental health-related including, stress, anxiety, mood disorders, schizophrenia and substance abuse
- Multiple nuerological conditions including Parkinson's, MS
- Diabetes Type 1 & Type 11
- Chronic Fatigue
- Connective Tissue Disease
- Eating disorders
- Referral justifications, recommendations, contraindications and medications
- How to set up and coordinate an exercise referral scheme, together with risk assessment and motivational interviewing
- This course is an online course containing 5 units of study across 44 online lectures
You can also go straight to assessment. If you chose to go straight to assessment you will received online study resources and 4 webinars. You must also produce evidence of prior learning.
Who Is The Course Suitable For?
What Qualifications Are Needed?
- Individuals 16 years and over
- Personal trainers and advanced instructors wishing to take a Level 4 qualification
- Those seeking to enhance their qualifications
- Individuals already working in an exercise referral environment but who lack a recognised qualification
How Is It Assessed?
- Certificate In Fitness Instructing level 2 or equivalent.
Are There Any Books Or Special Equipment That Need To Be Purchased?
- Applied anatomy & physiology exam online
- Health landscape exam online
- Long-term conditions exams x 7 online
- Behaviour change exams x 2 online
- Mock theoretical written case study supplied by the centre and approved by AIQ
- No, all course materials will be provided through the online learning platform
Recommended Additional Reading Includes:
What Can The Qualification Lead To?
- ACSM’s Guidelines For Exercise Testing & Prescription
- National Quality Assurance Framework For Exercise Referral Schemes
- Exercise & Fitness Code Of Ethics
- Employment as a trainer or advanced instructor who can coordinate, manage and deliver specialist exercise sessions for clients with specific controlled conditions
Terms and conditions apply to all Drummond Education programmes. Read more >